Simplicity is the ultimate Sophistication
What you should know before your surgery
- Within six weeks of your surgery and for four weeks following your surgery, you cannot smoke or use any nicotine products. Nicotine impairs and delays healing which will impact your surgical outcome.
- Within 30 days prior to your surgery, please see your family physician for a pre-operative physical to clear you for surgery.
- Within two weeks prior to your surgery and ten days following your surgery, discontinue use of Vitamin E Supplements, Ibuprofen, Aleve, Aspirin or Aspirin-containing products. You may use Tylenol if needed.
- Within a week of your surgery or following your surgery, please notify us if you develop an illness or cold symptoms.
- DO NOT EAT OR DRINK ANYTHING AFTER MIDNIGHT THE NIGHT BEFORE YOUR SURGERY, THIS INCLUDES GUM AND MINTS!!
The Day of Surgery
- You may brush your teeth the morning of surgery, but DO NOT EAT OR DRINK ANYTHING. NO COFFEE, NO MINTS, NO GUM! Your family physician will tell you which medications you may take during your pre-operative physical, prescription medications may be taken with a small sip of water.
- Do not apply any moisturizer, make-up, hair products, lotions or deodorant the day of your surgery.
- Wear loose comfortable clothing with a button or zip down shirt.
- Make arrangements for a responsible adult to drive you home and stay with you for the first 24 hours following your surgery.