Top Kybella Questions!
- What is Kybella?
Kybella is the only FDA-approved non-surgical treatment for destroying fat cells under the chin, noticeably reducing fullness (AKA double-chin). Kybella is owned by Allergan, the founders of our favorite products: botox and juvederm.
- How does Kybella work?
Kybella uses a replica of a naturally occurring molecule in the body that breaks down and absorbs dietary fat. It’s simple—it just destroys fat cells when injected. Once these fat cells are destroyed, they can no longer store or accumulate fat!
- Who gets Kybella and why?
Adults that are bothered or self-conscious by fat under the chin and do not want to get surgery. This type of fat is sometimes genetic and will not go away, despite diet and exercise.
- How many treatments of Kybella does it take to get the results I want?
Suzanne St. James will create a tailored treatment plan based on your chin profile. At each treatment, you will be given multiple small injections under your chin. Most patients receive 4-6 treatments, spaced 1 month apart.
- Can you get Kybella anywhere else besides below the chin?
No, Kybella is only approved for treatment of the double chin.
- How long do treatments take? Is it painful?
Treatments are short and are typically less than 20 minutes long! A numbing agent is applied before the injections, which minimizes any discomfort.
- Are there any side effects?
The most common side effects are temporary swelling, bruising, pain, numbness, redness, and hardness.
- How long is the recovery time after getting Kybella?
There is no downtime required after a kybella session! Patients can immediately return to normal activities, including exercise.
- When will I see results?
Say goodbye to your double chin! Most patients experience visible contouring within 2-4 treatments.
- Does Kybella last forever?
Once those fat cells are destroyed, they cannot store or accumulate fat. So, when the desired results are attained further treatment is not necessary.
- How much will Kybella cost?
The cost of Kybella ranges in price depending on the number of treatments necessary.
- Since multiple treatments are required, how can I know Kybella is in my budget?
The number of treatments and cost will be discussed during your free consultation and the Metropolitan will help align your budget and schedule.
- What’s unique about the Metropolitan’s approach to Kybella?
Suzanne St. James uses a unique approach to maximize the results of Kybella and ensure that the desired results are attained.
- Where can I see before and after photos of Kybella patients?
Click here to see examples.
- Can I see an example of of the Kybella treatment being performed?
CONTACT US FOR FREE CONSULT OR PRICING
*Individual results may vary.
Holly has been great- I came in for a laser hair removal treatment, and she didn't hesitate to give me recommendations for vitamins and skin care ideas to help treat the acne breakouts I've been getting recently.